Firmware policy allows you to configure the system's behavior based on the device's firmware version. The following policies are available:
- Recommended - recommended firmware version for the device
- Acceptable - acceptable firmware version for the device
- Not Recommended - not recommended firmware version
- Denied - operation of this firmware version is prohibited
The configuration starts in the
Firmware Policy menu. After clicking the
Add button, a form for creating an external system with the following items opens:
- Platform - device platform restriction
- Firmware Version - firmware version
- Condition - condition for policy triggering (comparison with the selected version)
- Policy - policy
- Description - Text description of the policy
- Labels - assigned labels Labels
Settings for the system's response to a denying policy (
Denied) are also available. They are located in the
Box tab in the object profile Managed Object Profile, under
On Denied Firmware:
Ignore- ignore and continue polling
Ignore&Stop- ignore and stop polling. Polling stops after
Raise Alarm- raise an alarm with the class
NOC | Managed Object | Denied Firmwareand continue polling.
Raise Alarm&Stop- raise an alarm and stop polling
Stop policy will only stop the current polling. The check will be repeated on the next poll.
Policy checking occurs during the version discovery Version Discovery. When determining the current policy, the deny priority is in effect. In other words,
Denied policies are considered first, then
Not Recommended, and so on. If a
Denied policy is in effect, the system's behavior is determined by the
On Denied Firmware settings of the Managed Object Profile. This can be stopping polling at the version request stage, raising an alarm, or ignoring.
Also, in the policy, you can set allowed protocols for working with the device, but this functionality is not implemented.
The current policy is displayed in the device card (
Managed Object Card). Also, in the report
Service Activation >
Managed Object Summary. When selecting the report type By Version, a column for the current policy will be displayed.